Tuesday, August 16, 2005

And then it whips you in the face

...and it's too shocking to even shut your eyes. And you freeze because you can't believe it's actually happening to you. You see it all. Out of body experience #582.

Maybe I really am just being a Drama Queen (DQ). No it's not entirely impossible, I know. Yes yes, even I am not perfect. (She is in a slightly modest mood today, so indulge yourself)

But seriously, I never prepared myself for such blatant set backs and hypocrisy. So I know it's apparently a man's world, and it can be the Islamic Republic of all things demonic, and I know that I should not be surprised but it really just bites. Big time. I just never allowed myself to believe any of this. Naivete or plain faith. Slice it however you want, right now all parts are equal. It was E. RVelt who said something along the lines of "no one can make you feel inferior without your consent," correct? I strongly believed it but when the hell did I sign the consent form? I don't remember any such discussion.

Always 2 options. Ready? Take the blows and carry on stronger, or take the blows and carry on stronger (as the middle finger is displayed to the world) Because you, Madam Modesty, were never the right complexion to wear failure in a complimentary manner. Terrible.

Whether it happens or not, whether the world changes or not, atleast I know that I won't let anything change me - because that would be letting them win. And what have we already said about failure?

She fixes her tiara and moves on with life...(atleast for today)


4 Comments:

At 8/22/05, 12:09 AM, Blogger jammie said...

it will happen. you just gotta keep on believing and not losing faith on who you are and what you can do...so hang onto that tiara and start dancing.

 
At 9/6/05, 2:21 AM, Blogger Chiquita Banana said...

dontyouwonder: Thanks, will do!

jammie: Twelve years later, you still make sense in the weirdest way :)

talldark: Mister. Yes I figured you out. You unfortunately, never figured me out which is why you are where you are today - reading my blog "for a while",as your own new existence bores you to tears. Appreciate you caring, but caring sure never sounded like this before. I think the last thing my blog is about is being a martyr - back to my point. You never really got me. Do yourself a favour and carry on with your life. I am quite content with mine.

 
At 10/16/05, 1:42 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Helen Reddy said it best:

"And I'll come back even stronger,
Not a novice any longer,
'Cause you've deepened the conviction
In ma sooooouuuul -

Yes, I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain,
Yes I've paid the price
But look how much I've gained
If I have to I can do anything

etc...

I am woooooooomaaaaaaahhhhhn..."

 
At 10/19/05, 4:54 PM, Blogger demoncrat said...

howdy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home